The TM4 SUMOTM HP line consists of electric powertrains dedicated to high-power applications. The first motor/generator and inverter combination of this line, the TM4 SUMOTM HP HV900, was purposely developed for series and parallel-hybrid configurations; it can be coupled to diesel engines, multi-speed gearboxes or integrated to axles for ultra-low floor buses.
TM4 offers a version of the TM4 SUMOTM HP HV900 optimized for propulsion. This system has control algorithms that are optimized for parallel hybrid applications where the electrical motor contributes significantly to the vehicle propulsion while also offering generator functionality for smaller duty cycles.
TM4 offers this new motor/generator with its well proven 3-phase CO150 inverter, used in thousands of vehicles worldwide.
A version of the TM4 SUMOTM HP HV900 is also available with control algorithms that are optimized for generation application where continuous power generation is the main operating mode.
The efficiency of the system reaches 95% and has been developed to match the efficiency of a diesel engine, which is instrumental to optimize fuel savings. In a series-hybrid, the combined use of the electric traction system, the optimized gen-set and electrified accessories can result in a minimum 50% fuel economy compared to a conventional vehicle.
This new motor/generator is used as part of the plug-in hybrid powertrain system developped in a joint effort with Cummins, announced in May 2017.
- System protection: IP67 / IP6K9K
- Max coolant temperature: 65°C
- Coolant type: 40/60 water-glycol
- Toxic materials and flammability: ROHS, ELV, UL94-V0
- External corrosion resistance: Salt spray, gravel, chemical products
- Sinusoidal motor current
- Temperature sensing for system derating and alarms
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities (TM4 ODIN)
- Communication fault detection
- CAN 2.0b communication interface
- Torque or speed control
- DC voltage control available upon request
- Advanced control algorithm for optimal system power and efficiency
Motor: 100 kg
Generator (with bell housing): 112 kg
Inverter: 11 kg
motor: 200 x 500 x 527 mm
Generator (with bell housing): 339 x 500 x 527 mm
Inverter: 416 x 300 x 101 mm