The SUMO HD is an electric powertrain system designed to interface with standard rear differentials without the need for an intermediate gearbox.
Its direct drive / gearless approach makes it the perfect match for any heavy-duty platforms and commercial vehicles applications.Download the brochure
«With their superior efficiency, performance, competitive price and maintenance-free lifecycle, the TM4 SUMO powertrains are enabling our customers to get a faster ROI. »
Burak Onur, Technology Manager at TEMSA Global.
- Permanent magnet radial flux motor
- Outer rotor topology for maximum torque density
- High torque and power density
- Low electro-magnetic audible noise
- Low-cogging and ripple torque for better NVH
- Thermal protection
- high (750 Vdc) voltage inverter
- 9-phase Multiphase inverter
- Reflex™ gate driver technology for high power and current densities
- Variable switching frequency
TM4 SUMO HD high torque motors are designed to interface directly with standard rear differential without the need for an intermediate gearbox. A direct drive systems allows the following benefits:
- Higher efficiency : a transmission can be responsible for approximately 5 to 10 % energy losses inside the powertrain due to mechanical friction.
- Better reliability: removing the gearbox means removing the most mechanically complex and maintenance intensive part of the vehicle.
- Easy to fit between the H beam of the truck or in the engine bay of the city bus : no need to modify the vehicle architecture.
- Lower maintenance : TM4 direct-drive motors require no maintenance.
- Faster ROI
Read more on these advantages here
Widely adopted solution
Having cumulated more than 30 million kilometers on road, TM4 SUMO drive systems are proven, optimized and tailored to real road conditions. These powertrain haved reached a high level of maturity though many cycles of optimization based on customer feedback and preferences.
- System protection: IP 6K9K
- Max coolant temperature: 65°C
- Coolant type: 40/60 water-glycol
- Toxic materials and flammability: ROHS, ELV, UL94-V0
- External corrosion resistance: Salt spray, gravel, chemical products
- Sinusoidal motor current
- Temperature sensing for system derating and alarms
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities (TM4 ODIN)
- Communication fault detection
- CAN 2.0b communication interface
- Torque or speed control
- DC voltage control available upon request
- Advanced control algorithm for optimal system power and efficiency
LSM280: 340 kg
CO300: 36 kg
LSM280: 572 x 591 x 505 mm
CO300: 414 x 126 x 801 mm