Direct-drive electric powertrain
The TM4 SUMO systems are designed to interface directly with standard rear differentials of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles. This series consists of multiple high-torque/low-speed motor and controller combinations that offer cost-effective solutions to vehicle electrification or hybridization.
Download the brochure
«With their superior efficiency, performance, competitive price and maintenance-free lifecycle, the TM4 SUMO powertrains are enabling our customers to get a faster ROI. »
Burak Onur, Technology Manager at TEMSA Global.
- Permanent magnet radial flux motor
- Outer rotor topology for maximum torque density
- High torque and power density
- Low electro-magnetic audible noise
- Low-cogging and ripple torque for better NVH
- Double-ended shaft option
- Thermal protection
Increase your battery's efficiency by 10%
TM4 SUMO high torque motors are designed to interface directly with standard rear differential without the need for an intermediate gearbox. A direct drive system has the following benefits:
- Higher efficiency: a transmission can be responsible for approximately 5 to 10 % energy losses inside the powertrain due to mechanical friction
- Better reliability: removing the gearbox means removing the most mechanically complex and maintenance intensive part of the vehicle
- Easy to fit between the H beam of the truck or in the engine bay of the city bus: no need to modify the vehicle architecture
- Lower maintenance: TM4 direct-drive motors require no maintenance
- Faster ROI
Read more on these advantages here
Widely adopted solution
Having cumulated more than 65 million kilometers on road, TM4 SUMO drive systems are proven, optimized and tailored to real road conditions. These powertrains have reached a high level of maturity though many cycles of optimization based on customer feedback and preferences.