Mechanical Engineering Technician, Prototyping
Boucherville, Québec — Permanent, Full-time
Composed of about ten people, the Industrialization group is responsible for designing working methods and manufacturing processes, for managing the equipment and the layout of the factory spaces, so as to manufacture according to the standards of quality and volume at the lowest cost possible and safely. The group offers technical and economic solutions to system assembly and control issues, in coordination with the manufacturing and product development teams.
Reporting to the Chief, Industrialization, the Technician is responsible for performing the assembly of engine prototypes. He also sees the training of production employees and technical support during assembly.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform the assembly of prototype engines, generators and other systems;
- Interpret mechanical drawings and summary assembly instructions;
- Set up and operate prototype manufacturing equipment;
- Know all the critical points of quality during the manufacturing process, Identify and treat the nonconformities of the prototypes;
- Provide practical training to assemblers on the various production workstations;
- Provide technical support to assemblers;
- Participate in the development and improvement of working methods in production;
- Support all other production activities by being called in particular to make assembly.
- DEC in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or related training;
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in reading plans;
- Practical experience in mechanics and knowledge of common tools (eg torque wrench);
- French (spoken and written);
- Resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Thoroughness, precision and rigor;
- Organizational and priority management skills;
- Team spirit and collaboration;
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment.
- French (spoken and written), English (asset)
Why be part of our driving force?
- Because we are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- Because we distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- Because we offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Because our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.