Mechanical Engineering Technician, Tools and Methods
Boucherville, Québec — Permanent, Full-time
Within the Industrialization group, the Tooling and Methods Technician is responsible for designing the manufacturing tools for assembling TM4 systems. It must also put in place the optimal conditions for the realization of products, through the development of methods and workstations, the selection of tools and appropriate equipment and the preparation of assembly documents. He sees continuous improvement and optimization of internal processes.
- Design prototyping and production tooling: technical design, drawings, submissions, procurement, technical follow-up with suppliers, commissioning and validation;
- Identify the equipment and tools required to achieve production and quality control objectives, taking into account cost and estimated sales. Write specifications and analyze submissions for new equipment;
- Offer technical solutions to system assembly and control issues, in coordination with the production and engineering teams;
- To be a guarantor of 5S, ergonomics and compliance with health and safety regulations, using appropriate procedures;
- Develop, analyze and improve work methods and quality controls. Create and maintain production documentation
- Optimize workflow by organizing workstations;
- Process non-conformities in production / inspection and participate in the processing of customer returns;
- Provide technical support for prototyping and production;
- Collaborate to maintain and improve the quality system.
- DEC in mechanical engineering;
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in mechanical parts and assemblies design;
- Mastery of 3D design software (NX an asset);
- Experience in adaptation and improvement of equipment an asset;
- Experience in an ISO work environment
- Autonomy, initiative and sense of organization;
- Comfortable working in a changing and growing environment;
- Very good quality of written French and knowledge of English, spoken and written.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.